Lagunitas Sucks Brown Shugga Substitute Ale


I went with my friends to State Line Liquors in Elkton, Maryland right before it closed the one night I was in Delaware. My friend asked if they had this beer in and they just happened to be stashing a couple of sixers in the back. I'm really glad I got to try this beer because it was amazing!

The beer came out a delicious orangish golden amber with a moderate amount of head. The aroma was an explosion of all kinds of citrus balanced with a forest's worth of pine. The flavor was amazing with aspects of orange, pineapple, grapefruit, mango and all sorts of fruit. The fruit was sharing center stage with a full bold pine flavor. Although somewhat hidden behind the hops there was a good amount of cereal flavored malts with a nice rye, wheat, oat, and bready quality. This is one of the more complex beers I've ever tried but also one of the most drinkable. This IPA is on the sweet side and is barely bitter. If you get a chance I highly recommend drinking this beer!

Overall: 10/10


Share on Google Plus

About averageguysguidetobeer

Hi, I'm Colin, I love a good hoppy IPA, but I can find immense enjoyment in a solid session beer, imperial stout, quadrupel or a nostalgic beer from my past.

0 comments:

Post a Comment