Ratsherrn Pale Ale

I have stated previously what I think about Ratsherrn and their attempts to trademark "craft beer". I have also had the standard Ratsherrn line up (pilsner, pale ale, and rotbier) a few times but, figured I should get them again to put them under the exacting scrutiny of my beer review process. I've thought different things about these beers at different times and I wanted to make a firmer opinion on them. When I previously sampled the pale ale I thought it was very meh.

Do Germans do sarcasm?

This beer had an orange body and a thin white head. There were particles floating through out the beer and the head had an odd orange spot on it. The smell consisted of citrus and floral hops. The flavor started with citrus and floral hop flavors, caramel malt in the middle, and a bitter finish. Overall this beer tasted better than I remember it tasting. This could be due to not having a pale ale in quite a long time, and I can't imagine thinking it was this good if I had it after a decent English or US pale ale.

Overall: 7/10




Share on Google Plus

About averageguysguidetobeer

Hi, I'm Colin, I love a good hoppy IPA, but I can find immense enjoyment in a solid session beer, imperial stout, quadrupel or a nostalgic beer from my past.

0 comments:

Post a Comment